POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Field rendering status : Re: Field rendering status Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Field rendering status
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 2 Nov 2001 00:37:41
Message: <3BE2310F.19AEBD2B@geocities.com>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> In article <3bdda363@news.povray.org> , "Vampyrium" <cyb### [at] hotmailcom>
> wrote:
>
> >   So, this is an apple thing. If you check out Adobe Premiere (PC version)
> > you will find otherwise.
>
> No, it isn't.  As there should be no difference between the Premiere
> versions on Macs and PCs.  Also the other remaining DVD authoring software
> company Sonic/Daikin (they recently merged) seems to supports such import
> with their products (I don't know anybody who has access to those).

both-fields-per-frame idea was bad and unsupported. It's the opposite. It's the
normal way for the field. (And at the multimedia company I was at, we used both
the mac and windows versions of Premier.)

But Thorsten points out that the POV images  _can_ work with Premier. However
for broadcast resolutions (720 x 485 or 720 x 576) the standard CCIR 601 format
is interlaced.

So I'd say it would be nice if the POV team had time and inclination to change
the output, however a simple documentation change makes it compatible with most
home-user software anyway, so no big deal.

--
Jon A. Cruz
http://www.geocities.com/joncruz/action.html